(PHP 4, PHP 5)
strncmp — Binary safe string comparison of the first n characters
This function is similar to strcmp(), with the difference that you can specify the (upper limit of the) number of characters from each string to be used in the comparison.
Note that this comparison is case sensitive.
The first string.
The second string.
Number of characters to use in the comparison.
Returns < 0 if
str1 is less than
str2; > 0 if
is greater than
str2, and 0 if they are
- strncasecmp() - Binary safe case-insensitive string comparison of the first n characters
- preg_match() - Perform a regular expression match
- substr_compare() - Binary safe comparison of two strings from an offset, up to length characters
- strcmp() - Binary safe string comparison
- strstr() - Find the first occurrence of a string
- substr() - Return part of a string